SUSTAINABLE BLUE ECONOMY
MAELSTROM (Smart technology for marine litter sustainable removal and management) is a project funded under the European Union Horizon 2020 Programme and it is dedicated to the mitigation of marine litter impact in coastal ecosystems, the main goals of the project are:
- Assessing the effectiveness and impact of marine litter removal on coastal marine ecosystems
- Tackling by removing marine litter legacy from seabed and both lower and upper water column
- Feeding plastic circular economy and sustainability
- Clustering of blue technologies for joint plastic strategy-oriented efforts
- Engaging society for marine litter prevention, removal and circular economy
14 partners from 8 countries constitute project’s Consortium.
Duration: 48 months
Topic: CE-FNR-09-2020 – Pilot action for the removal of marine plastics and litter
Within the MAELSTROM project, I.S.D.I Group supports the recycling solutions of the litter removed at the demo-site of Porto (Portugal), and Venice (Italy), providing a new life to a wide array of plastics not covered by thermal treatment and material retrieved in the coastal areas in line with a circular economy and sustainable waste management principles.
ISDI is also involved in dissemination and communication efforts in Malta for its capacity of organizing top-ranking international events as from the profile of the key personnel involved in MAELSTROM.